Professional Stuff: – A synopsis
As a Creative Arts and Movement Therapist, Restorative Yoga Teacher, Creativity Coach, Nervous System Repair Strategist and Somatic Educator, Artist and Speaker – I have developed and delivered creative, therapeutic and community development projects, workshops and educational and therapeutic services for the following clients:
– The Department of Veterans Affairs, VIC
– The Gawler Foundation, Yarra Valley, VIC
– Warburton Yoga and Mindfulness Centre, VIC
– Nexus Modern Art, South Melbourne, VIC
– The National Home Truths Conference, Melbourne, VIC
– Sex and Consciousness Conference, Byron Bay, NSW
– Yarra Valley Community Health Service, VIC
– Eastern Family Violence Network, Melbourne, VIC
– Anglicare, Victoria, VIC- CASA House, Melbourne, VIC
– Yarra Vally Community Health Service, VIC
– Shire of Yarra Valley Youth Services, VIC
– Ranges Community Health Service, VIC
– Women’s Health East, Melbourne, VIC
– Rivendell Community Center, VIC
– Grampians Community Health Service, VIC
– Canberra Rape Crisis Centre, ACT
– ADFACT Karralika Therapeutic Community, ACT
– Windana Therapeutic Community, ACT
– Women’s Information & Referral Service, ACT
– YWCA, ACT
– ACT ADHD Support Group, ACT
– ACT Community & Disability Care, ACT
– Drug Referral Information Center, ACT
– Innana Women’s Refuge, ACT
– Canberra Institute of Technology, ACT
– ACT Family Planning, ACT
– Sydney Opera House, NSW
– 3M Australia, NSW
Exhibitions and Performances: (1999 – 2010)
– Resident exhibitor: Nexus Modern Art, Melbourne, VIC
– “Self Portraits” Expressive Arts Performance, Tamalpa Institute, California
– “Re-enchantment in the Studio”, Solo Masters Exhibition, Redhouse, VIC
– “Art of Wellbeing – Exploring the Process of Arts Therapy, Manningham Gallery, VIC
– Curator: “Young Women’s Studio”, Warburton Mechanic’s Hall, VIC
– “Thriving Through Art – Women Survivors of Sexual Violence”, Tuggeranong Arts Centre, ACT
– Opening Speaker & Exhibitor: “Bigger than the Box – Women Survivors of Sexual Violence”, Tuggeranong Arts Centre, ACT
– Dance Performance: “From the Source, Through the Present, Toward the Future”, Mirramu Creative Arts Centre, Bungendore, NSW
– Solo Performance: “A Personal Madness”, RMIT, VIC
– “A Visual Voice”, ArtSpace71, Kingston, ACT
The Official Stuff:
- Age 15-19. A double Diploma. Interior Design and Graphic Design. CIT.
- Age 22. Graphic designer. Sydney Opera House. Dream job and locale. Wooohooo!
- Age 25. Founded my own design company, Art and Soul.
- Age 29. Began my Masters in Creative Arts Therapy. RMIT.
- Age 30-39. Worked as a Creative Arts Therapist. Private practice, educational and clinical settings.
- Age 36. I completed my Masters research project and thesis. I painted, danced, researched and wrote for six months.
- Age 37. 3 month travel sabbatical – included a 3 week Summer Dance Program at Tamalpa Institute, California.
- Age 38. I started making Art professionally. Nexus Modern Art Melbourne began showing and selling my work.
- Age 38. Did my Yoga Teacher Training at Byron Yoga and opened my Studio in the Yarra Valley. Yoga Art Play.
- Age 38. Completed Thai Yoga Massage Certification Training, Trinity Yoga.
- Age 39. Completed Level 2 Teacher Training, Being Yoga.
- Age 40. Did a week training with Donna Farhi.
- Age 41. Had a nervous and physical breakdown. Went on Sabbatical. Turned out to be my biggest breakthrough.
- Age 41. Completed a Business Management course.
- Age 42. Founded Embody Mindfulness. Started teaching, touring and sharing the work that is here on the Kylian website.
- Age 43. Signed up with a business coach extraordinaire, Lisa Fitzpatrick.
- Age 43. Trained as a Somatic Exercise Coach.
- Age 43. Trained with Judith Lasater. Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga. The Queen of Restorative Yoga.
- Age 43. Built and launched this website – the fab new home for all of my work.
- Age 43. Expanded my studio. Went global with the work. Oh-yeah.